CollegeNET strives to make its web content and services as accessible in support of the mission of the World Wide Web Consortium’s Web Accessibility Initiative. The initiative strives to lead the web to its full potential, including promoting a high degree of usability for people with disabilities.
Note: Many sections in this topic contain external links to websites not affiliated with CollegeNET. CollegeNET cannot guarantee the information provided by external websites.
Improving your visual experience
If you have trouble seeing elements of ApplyWeb Self Service, please try some of the following adjustments.
Android devices, iOS devices, and most modern desktop browsers allow you to enlarge text size. Please note that these changes may be lost when you open a new browser tab/window or re-open your browser.
To enlarge text on Android devices (Samsung, Google, etc.)
- Open your device's Settings app.
- Tap Accessibility, then tap Font size.
- Use the slider to choose your font size.
To enlarge text on iOS devices (iPhones, iPads)
- Go to Settings > Accessibility, then select Display & Text Size.
- Tap Larger Text for larger font options.
- Drag the slider to select the font size you want.
To enlarge text on most desktop web browsers
Most browsers will have options in the menu bar. Alternatively, press "Ctrl +" on your PC keyboard, or "Command +" on a MacOS keyboard.
Listen to text content
There are built-in options as well as screen reader applications that can read text content aloud from this application.
VoiceOver options in Apple MacOS
PC screen readers
- There are many options, but one free option is NVDA: https://www.nvaccess.org/
Improving your mouse, tracking, and/or touch experience
Many mobile devices and desktop computer operating systems provide accessibility features to improve the experience for those with physical and motor skills limitations.
Android Switch Access option
Physical and motor skill options for iOS
Common keyboard command suggestions for PC users
- Tab: Navigate to links and form controls
- Shift + Tab: Navigate backward
- Enter: Activate links and buttons
- Spacebar: Activate checkboxes and buttons
- Arrow keys: Radio buttons, select/drop-down menus, sliders, tab panels, autocomplete
Built-in physical and motor skill accessibility options for MacOS
Improving your auditory experience
ApplyWeb Self Service doesn't include audio features, but some applications can have linked videos associated with them. First, look for accessibility options on the linked video website. Additional information is below.
Caption support in Android
Auditory options in iOS
Suggestions for PC and MacOS users
- Adjust volume control
- Look for transcript options
- Look for captioning options